Note on archived topics.
02-18-2010 04:42 AM
I'm trying to install my printer, HP Officejet 6500 Wireless, on my laptop, however when I go to configure the wireless settings on my laptop, via the setup disk sent with the printer, I get a warning:
|IMPORTANT: ESET firewall software has been detected on your computer system. Before continuing, perform the steps below to enable "Interactive Filtering Mode".|
Do this now (these steps apply for most ESET firewall versions):
1. From the System Icon Tray, click on the ESET Smart Security icon and select "Open Window".
2. Click on "Setup" located on the left side of the ESET screen.
3. Click on "Toggle Advanced Mode".
4. From the Toggle Advanced Mode screen, select "Yes".
5. From the Setup screen, select "Personal Firewall".
6. From the Personal Firewall screen, select "Switch to interactive filtering mode".
Enabling interactive filtering mode will cause the ESET firewall to provide pop-up warning messages during the HP software installation.
You must select the checkbox labeled "Remember action (create rule)" then click the "Allow" button for each pop-up screen seen.
I have ESET NOD32 4.0.437.0 Business Edition, and I am unable to find the Personal Firewall setup tree.
I have searched the knowledge base, Google, everything I can think of, but can't find the reason why I can't find my Personal Firewall settings. My Windows Firewall is currently turned off.
09-15-2011 06:42 AM
as usual hp software blows when it comes to ease of use or compatability with other software. I can print & fax but unable to scan from hp software. At least it is not as archaic as the old 7400 series wiresell setup requiring wired connection to first enable wireless connection.