cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Wayne72
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP6500A Black won't print

HP Recommended
Officejet 6500A E710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Had a paper jam, removed paper and printer printed all collors including the black.After 3-4 prints the black started fading until it was gone. Ink status showed good but replaced with new HP cartridge. No black.  Ran thru cleaning of print head, printed driven. No black. Cleaned print head manually. No black. Ran print & scan Doctor 5.0. No black.Test page shows colors are good but still no black. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,343 26,699 2,426 9,047
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve black not printing on your Officejet 6500a printer.  You mentioned you had done a cleaning cycle from the printer.  There are actually three levels of cleaning available, after one cleaning repeat and it will do the more aggressive cleaning.  You also mentioned manually cleaning the printhead.  Did you soak the printhead as shown in steps six through eight of the document?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation