Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  print a document and it prints correctly. The printer queue still shows the document printing. I wait and it does not complete. I try deleting but it just stays in queue saying deleting.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @CharlesinTexas, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have printing issues with your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Turn off the printer using the power button and then unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.
Save your work. After using these steps, your current print jobs are lost and will need to be printed again.
Open Windows Services using one of the following methods:
Search Windows for services, and click Services in the list of results.
On your keyboard, press Windows key (  ) + R, type services.msc in the window that opens, and then click OK.
Scroll through the list of services and find the name Print Spooler.
Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
Shut down your computer from Windows.
Make sure your printer has been unplugged for at least 60 seconds, and then plug the power cord into a power outlet.
Turn on the printer using the power button on the printer.
Turn on the computer and wait for Windows to open.
Try printing again and note what happens.
If the printer prints, you are done.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print job stuck in the queue.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I tried what you suggested and the first print job hung up after the document had printed. I tried everything in the HP article and the next document also hung up. Even the test print hung up. Might need to call HP.
Thanks.
HP Recommended

@CharlesinTexas, It's glad to hear from you again. I was waiting for your response

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after trying out the steps the issue still persists.

Try performing a semi full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset is confidential, I will send you the steps in a private message. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.