cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bavera1
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP6600 suddenly will not print

HP Recommended
HP6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly my HP6600 printer will not print.  Connects wireless to my home network with no problem with an IP of 192.168.0.8.  Computer IP is 192.168.0.2.  Subnet for both is 255.255.255.0.  Cannot ping the printer on the network, but can ping other devices.  DSL modem/gatgeway recently changed out but all other network functions are working properly.  Have checked the DSL modem/gateway config and all appears to be correct.

Printer will print internal test pages with no issue.  Pinter says it is connected to the network.  Scan Doctor did not find any issues and did not fix the problem.  Printer driver and printer was unistalled completely and driver was downloaded and installed from HP web site.  Still did not fix the issue.

Printer cannot be reached through browswer by IP.

Strangely enough, my Android phone running Fing can see and ping the printer with no problems but cannot ping the computer.

Computer is wired to the router.  Printer is wireless to the router.

Please help.... I"m out of options here....

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,310 26,665 2,425 8,965
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the model of you router?  Some routers have a WiFI isolation option, where they do not allow communication between the wired and wireless devices unless this is turned off.  Another option is that your phone and printer are connecting to a neighbor's router.  Does your router use the default SSID?

The fact that your printer cannot be pinged or browsed by the PC but can from the phone suggests one of the above is likely.  I use WiFi manager on my Android phone to see local netowrks, that may help. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
bavera1
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ended up resolving the issue on my own.  When the new modem/gateway was installed, I set up wireless security for WPA-2 Personal with AES and TKIP enabled.  Not sure why, but the TKIP was causing the issue.  I changed the security to AES only and the issue is resolved.

Printer now works properly and is seen by my other devices on both the wired and wireless portions of my network.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation