cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP7500A wide format printer - cartridge track screech

HP Recommended

When I hit print and the printer aligns the cartridge block before printing, the track screeches like nails on a blackboard. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 651
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any chance the printer is still under warranty? You can check by entering the serial no. below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=ie&lc=en

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty ran out in April of this year.  I don't think I bought an extended warranty from the reseller, but will have to look at the invoice....assuming I still have it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,704 5,044 255 603
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi tyaughton,

I understand you've been having an issue with your Officejet 7500A printer making some strange noises. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but I will do my best to assist you.

For the screeching noise, the best thing to try is this Paper Jam document as it guides you through checking all aspects of the printer for paper/obstructions that could be causing these noises.

Also, it's always a good idea to plug the printer directly to a wall outlet to ensure that it has enough power to function properly.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same loud screeching problem. It started after i tried to replace the ink cartridges. I bought compatible but discounted color ink and when we installed them a horrible screeching started. and then it would only print black sheets. When i removed the cartridges, they had black smudges on the bar portion. I put back in the old cartridges and it is printing a little better but still has spots on the print out (at least it is not black) but makes the horrible screeching noise. Any advice?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation