cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dingestow
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP7500a - duplex workarounds

HP Recommended
HP7500a
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello workers

I bought this new printer yesterday because my 8500 is leaving white streaks down the page. While I was pleased at the A3 facility, I was disappointed that auto duplexing wasn't included, but thought I could manage the manual method OK.

However, I can't manage the 'print the odds and flip over to do the evens', as there's no obvious facility for reversing the order of the pages. I have wasted a lot of pages where page 1 is backed by page 64, etc etc.

Do I really have to go through the printout and turn over every sheet in the stack individually ? Is that what they mean by 'flip' in the guidance?  

That was in Word - I managed a pdf fine yesterday because there's an option for reversing.

I'd be grateful for assistance here, whether it's interpretation of 'flip' or a new driver. I hear the 6500 driver would help, but can't locate this on the list onscreen.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HevnLgh
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 398 989
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Dingestow,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are interested in two sided printing with your HP Officejet 7500A, however you have not found the way to change these settings to print on odd's and even's. I was able to open up the Version 28 software and take some screenshots for you, this should walk you through the manual two sided printing options:

1. Open up the HP Printer Assistant, select the Set Preferences option under Print:

S1.PNG

2. Click on the Advanced options:

S2.PNG

3. Under the Pages to Print options, here is where you will change the pages to even or odd:

S3.PNG

I hope this helps!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation