cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kcrofts
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP7520 memory card removal

HP Recommended
HP7520

My 7520 has been replaced, but before I recycle/trash, I think I need to remove the memory card so that no information on it can be retrieved. I cannot do anything from the printer's panel as it's stuck on an error message. How can I just remove the card inside? Or other options?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,873 91,754 11,844 25,303
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Printer supports the following cards

Which card do you have. Normally you can gently push it in and release, it wil come out.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
kcrofts
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess maybe not using right words - I'm concerned about the internal memory which may also include my wifi password?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,873 91,754 11,844 25,303
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Reset it back to factory settings (the time it came out from a factory) will clear everything. Please use the printer control panel Setup then Tools/Preferences, Factory reset and confirm.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
kcrofts
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I CAN't use the control panel because it's stuck on an error message and turning off/on, unplugging, etc doesn't clear the message. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation