cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
golfterbryan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP7525 Wireless Connection

HP Recommended

I keep losing the wireless connection on my printer.  If I reset the router and printer, sometimes it takes a couple of tries, it will eventually connect.  Then, after a while, it loses the connection again.

I just got this printer, and on the previous HP printer, never had the issue.

5 REPLIES 5
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 15,308 1,541 3,041
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let’s try this.  Verify in the printer that 'Auto Off' is disabled.  Set a static IP in the printer outside the DHCP range of the router.  Use a fixed wireless channel like 1,6 or 11, never 'auto', try all three.  Set router to 20Mhz only, or 145Mbps depending on router.  Always use WPA2-AES encryption.  Power off both.  Power on router wait 3 mins.  Power on printer and verify it reconnects to router.  Now try.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
socksiesma1
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you lost me, can you please explain in laymans terms...thank you

sabretooth04
Level 14
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

These settings are for setting up your wireless printer to stay connected to your router, keep wireless devices better connected and make your router secure and hack proof.

1. Set a static IP in the printer (click here) outside the DHCP range of the router (check your manual). 

This is for Linksys routers but can be used for all routers.  Verify your DHCP range and change this

first if needed.  More Wireless Printing help is here.

2. Verify in the printer that 'Auto Off' is disabled.  Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) by going to the  

printers IP address in your browsers address bar, click  Settings Tab/Auto Off.  Or use the Printer

Assistant, Printer Home Page (EWS). 

In the router:  (Refer to your router manual for information)

3. Use a fixed wireless channel like 1,6 or 11, never 'auto', try channel 1 first then the rest. 

4. Set router to 20Mhz only, or 145Mbps depending on router. 

5. Always use WPA2-AES (Personal) encryption, but you can try ‘mixed’ mode. 

6. Disable WPS and never use it and disable UPnP for the routers security.  Nobody can hack your

system now and helps with wireless connectivity (if you want to know why, search the web). 

7. If you have a dual band router (2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz bands), make sure the SSID’s are NOT the same,

they must be different for all bands, even for any Guest networks. 

8. Save all settings.  Power off both, wait 2 mins.  Power on router wait 2 mins. 

9. Power on printer and verify it reconnects to router. 

Windows 7/8/8.1   Is Network Discovery on or off?

1. Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center/Advanced sharing settings.

2. Under Home or Work (current profile) / Network Discovery.

3. Select "Turn on network discovery" and save changes.

dct1954
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Motorola router SBG6580 that I've had to set to 5.0ghz in order to get faster speeds. It's not an auto dual band router unfortunately.

Anyway,,,when I made this change it lost contact with my HP 7525 which leads me to believe that the printer on communicates via 2.4ghz,,,is this correct?  Is there a software update to the 7525 to make it communicate over 5.0ghz frequentcy?

sabretooth04
Level 14
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dct1954 wrote:

I have a Motorola router SBG6580 that I've had to set to 5.0ghz in order to get faster speeds. It's not an auto dual band router unfortunately.

Anyway,,,when I made this change it lost contact with my HP 7525 which leads me to believe that the printer on communicates via 2.4ghz,,,is this correct?  Is there a software update to the 7525 to make it communicate over 5.0ghz frequentcy?

All wirless printers are 2.4Ghz only.    You really don't want 5Ghz as the distance would be cut in half essentially.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation