cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dct1954
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP7525 wifi frequency 2.4 and 5.0?

HP Recommended
Photosmart 7525
Windows 7

I have a Motorola router SBG6580 that I've had to set to 5.0ghz in order to get faster speeds on my laptops. It's not an auto dual band router unfortunately.

Anyway,,,when I made this change it lost contact with my HP 7525 which leads me to believe that the printer only communicates via 2.4ghz,,,is this correct?  Is there a software update to the 7525 to make it communicate over 5.0ghz frequentcy or can I hook up a USB wifi dongle to the printer in order to communicate via 5.0ghz?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,843 64,557 12,413 21,374
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It uses 2.4GHz. No, you can't hook dongle to ist USB port to make 5GHz.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It uses 2.4GHz. No, you can't hook dongle to ist USB port to make 5GHz.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>

View solution in original post

dct1954
Author
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. Yeah I read this 2.4ghz in the manual after my post of course but hoped a usb dongle might be a fix.

Can't believe HP wouldn't install a dual band wifi card but then I guess speed isn't an issue as much as it is with a laptop.

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You are talking about adding more $$ to the price of a printer here and with 5GHz, your printer won't print faster.

Regards.

BH

>
dct1954
Author
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Understood,,,my real problem is in my router, it's a Motorola sbg6580 which is a manual dual band.  I manually switched it to 5.0ghz so to get faster speeds on my families laptops which is great but then I lost communication with my printer which as you know is only 2.4ghz. so my only choices are to switch the router back to 2.4ghz or buy a new router that's auto dual band.  yep it's all about $$$$ as usual.  can't win. lol

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation