Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I understand you have set up your HP Officejet 7612, and you are not getting any power to the control panel.
I would first like you to perform a Hard Reset:
1. Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on. Try another outlet, see if this helps.
2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.
3. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.
4. After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).
5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.
7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.
8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.
Are you now able to access the front panel menu?
If you are still having problems, I would like you to make sure the printers firmware is up to date, see here: Getting Printer Updates
Once the printer is up to date, see if you can now access the control panel. I will watch for your reply.
Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".
HevnLgh I work on behalf of HP
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.