Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP7612 Wide format Ofcjet
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printing also from Debian Linux via (CUPS) with same pronblem.  No errors are reported on the printer or returned to the computer user. 

Cleaned cartridge contacts and carriage contacts with alcohol. 

Cleaned heads through level 3 from the printer's interface.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Kirby

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kirbly

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One. I read that the printer does not print in Cyan. You have replaced the cartridge, cleaned the cartridge and the printhead and the issue persists. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Are you using original HP cartridges?
  • Is there ink in the cyan cartridge?

If the answer to the above questions is a yes then the evidence points towards a printhead failure in the printer. Please see if you can replace the cyan cartridge and check. If the issue persists then it would be better to reach out to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your printer.

I hope this helps. Please keep me posted for any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Thanks for responding, MKazi! You asked for detail on the cartridges I use. I installed a genuine HP-933XL Cyan cartridge to see if it would change anything. It did not. I should mention that I have not allowed anyone to access this printer via the Internet by limiting access to local IP's only. I've been unable to determine whether the unit is in or out of warranty. My wife uses it mostly for card-making and scrap-booking, so she uses a lot of color inks. I may indeed have to replace the print head. --Kirbly
HP Recommended

@Kirbly

You're welcome. 🙂

The evidence indicates towards the printhead being defective. I appreciate you taking your valuable tie to troubleshoot the issue and reply to me with the results.

An HP Product has a 1 year factory warranty starting from the date of its purchase. It would be better to contact HP phone support now to explore the hardware options available for your HP printer. 

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.