Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet HP 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I recently traded in a 7612 wide format for the 7740 wide format.  The 7612 had an appearnce in the printer queue for faxing directly from the computer.  I can't find a way to make that happen with the 7740.  Any hints?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TejanoBoboso

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the fax from computer doesn't work and you need assistance in setting that up,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you installed the drivers for your printer from the HP Website?

If you have and yet it doesn't work, or if you are having issues setting up fax from your computer, follow the below steps:

You can fax a document directly from your computer without printing anything. To use this feature, make sure you have installed the HP printer software on your computer, the printer is connected to a working telephone line, and the fax function is set up and functioning correctly.

Send a standard fax from the computer using Windows

Send a fax from a computer using a Windows operating system.

1. Open the document on your computer that you want to fax.

2. From the File menu in your software application, click Print.

3. From the Name list, select the printer that has fax in the name.

4. To change settings (such as color or black fax), click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer or Preferences.

5. After you have changed any settings, click OK.

6. Click Print or OK.

7. Type the fax number and other information for the recipient, change any further settings for the fax, and then click Send Fax.

The printer begins dialing the fax number and faxing the document. If the receiving fax machine is available, your fax is sent.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Here's your User guide for more details: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.