cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vandykefarming Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP8500A+ Keeps jaming

Have an HP 8500A+ that started having paper jams every so often in June.  Warrenty expired may 10,2012.    Have cleared all paper jams and made sure no paper left in printer.   Last time it jamed cleared everything and no the printer won't stop showing error message for paper jam.  Turned printer off and left it off for several days, (computer was also turned off)  and it still keeps giving the error message.     Can anyone suggest a solution?   Never had an HP printer do this?  Is there a way to force a reset of the paper jam message?

I have owned HP printers for 15 years and customer support says out of warrenty and no exchange or repair options are available thru HP.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP8500A+ Keeps jaming

First thing to try is a hard reset.  That should clear the message and if it doesn't I have one more reset we can try.  To do a hard reset:

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
  3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Plug in the printer and turn it back on.

Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
dwardle Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP8500A+ Keeps jaming

I have a similar problem to the one detailed tried the hard reset detailed below but still get clear paper jam message Anything else I could try

0 Kudos
Monique3075 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP8500A+ Keeps jaming

Hello, I have the same printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A910) and am having the same problem.  The printer is convinced there's a paper jam, but I've checked it over and over again in every possible place with a flashlight and there's no paper anywhere.  I've tried the hard reset suggested above and not even that resets the machine or clears the error.  It just tells me that I shut down the printer incorrectly and then the error message pops back up.  I'm able to use the scanner to scan documents, but I can't print anything.   I work at a school and need to get this figured out because no one understand, "the printer isn't working right now, sorry." :indifferent: 

You mentioned above that there was another hard reset that could be tried?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP8500A+ Keeps jaming

@dwardle and @Monique3075 I have sent you some steps via Private Message. Below is a link that will show you how to use this forum feature if you are not familiar with it.

How To Send A Private Message – Video:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to/How-To-Send-A-Private-Message-Video/td-p/8...

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
dwardle Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP8500A+ Keeps jaming

Thanks for the help unfortunatly we were unable to solve the problem been out and bought a new printer today
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation