cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ShaunDunman
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP8620 suddenly stopped connecting

HP Recommended
HP8620
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

For a year my printer (HP8620) has worked fine but now out the blue won't work anymore. 

It is on a wired network so that 5 PC's can print from it - this works fine.

The issue is scanning. All of a suddent none of us can scan to network folders anymore. Also tried setting up the email feature which has worked in the past and again this now won't work either. 

When I go through the network connect wizzard it tells me "error your printer canot connect the server to correct server name and address".

Please help sort this issue,.

Best regards

Shaun

2 REPLIES 2
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 15,308 1,542 3,052
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try reinstalling the printer from scratch.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ShaunDunman
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This didn't solve the problem. 

Can still print but can't scan. When I run the scan doctor it gets stuck everytime on the drivers check. 

But as uninstalling and re installing the drivers should have solved this i now need further advise please. 

Thanks

Shaun

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation