cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OLILLOYD
Level 5
Level 5
207 202 19 50
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HPConnected Friendly Email Tip - How can i use the same old friendly email ID of my printer?

HP Recommended
HP Connected
Other
  • Scenario 1: Restore a customized ePrint address to a printer after a factory reset, or after removing Web Services as a part of troubleshooting an issue
  • Scenario 2: Reassign a customized ePrint email address from one printer to another printer, e.g., you bought a new printer and want to move your old printer’s ePrint address to it

Each HP web-connected printer can have its own customized ePrint email address. If you change your printer’s customized ePrint email address, or remove Web Services from a printer (which removes the customized ePrint address from the printer) your previously used ePrint email addresses are held in reserve for you on your HP Connected account for six months. If you don’t reassign these reserved email addresses to a printer within six months the unused addresses are removed from your account.

Follow the steps below that apply to your situation:

Web Services was removed from your printer and you want to restore your customized ePrint email address:

See the support page at http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03550536 for instructions to add your printer back to your HP Connected account and assign your ePrint email address.

You changed your printer’s ePrint email address but now want to revert back to the ePrint address you used previously:

Log in at www.hpconnected.com, go to the Devices tab and use the Settings button to re-enter your previous ePrint email address.

You want to move your customized ePrint email address from printer #1 to printer #2 on the same HP Connected account:

Printer #1: Either change the ePrint email address of printer #1 (if you are keeping the printer) or remove Web Services (if you are selling or giving away that printer). That makes the original ePrint email address from printer #1 available to use on printer #2.

Printer #2: Follow the steps at http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03550536 to add printer #2 to your HP Connected account and enter the customized ePrint email address that you originally had on printer #1.

NOTES:

• If you don’t re-use a previous ePrint email address within the six month “hold period” it will be removed from your account and be available for general use
  • If you want to move an ePrint address to a different printer on a different HP Connected account, you will have to wait for six months after you remove the address from the original printer, for security reasons.
  • If you have removed web services from a printer and wish to add that printer to a different HPC account and use the same ePrint address, you will have to wait for six months after you removed web services from the printer, for security reasons.

Always remove Web Services from your printer before returning, selling, or giving it away.

"Although I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation