cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DCReader11
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HPEnvy4520 Doesn't Print All Colors

HP Recommended
HP Envy4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HPEnvy 4520 all-in-one to print both b&w text & color. Within printing 50 pp. of b&w text, the printer started telling me to install a new black injet cartridge, which is way too soon to have to change cartridges! I've been selling & using printers for 25+ yrs & there is no way 50pp. of text should require a cartridge replacement. I mostly print text only, so I didn't need to print color until I'd owned the printer for a month. When I finally tried to print a map of the DC Metro, imagine my surprise when the Metro came out in only red & yellow -- no blue, green or orange.  The map was useless!  Needless to say, the printer itself was *defective.*  The 4520 only has two ink cartridges -- one for printing black and the 2nd cartridge is supposed to print all the colors, which confuse it.  I don't know if this is a known defect or if I just got "lucky."

I just had to replace my laptop.  Being a long-time HP user, I bought another HP laptop, but instead of replacing the defective HP printer with another HP printer, I switched brands to another top name mfr. I also made sure to go with one that has 4 cartridges -- one black, and one each for yellow, red and blue so that all the colors of the rainbow will print properly.

Sure, maybe I just got the one defective HPEnvy4520 out of many they make, but I think the printer design itself is probably defective, since I got both the "replace cartridge" error message after printing about 50 pages of black & white text and then the color printing didn't work either.  Again, I love my HP laptops and have been using them for more than ten years now, but for printers, I'm sticking with another big-name company.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation