Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)

HPOffice3 jet 7410 scanner problem can anyone please help?

WHen I try to use the scanner I gte an error message saying the computer cannot connect to the device. Printing is ok , card reading is ok, it is networked. Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

Re: HPOffice3 jet 7410 scanner problem can anyone please help?

when mine does that I have to restart all of the computers and the printer on that network.  annoying as heck but that's the only way I've been able to get mine to work.

it prints even though solution center says it's disconnected but scanning doesn't work.

and restarting all the computers has to take place. I've tried doing just the one I'm using but it never connects.  I think it has more to do with my network settings but you can try it on yours.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

No go here. I have tried the restarting and it still doesn't connect or wrok. I even tried to download the corporate driver but it says I have to use the command line to do a netowrk install, but nothing tells me what the command is. This is so disappointing from HP. After this experience I must admit I am no longer a huge HP fan.

Intern
Message 4 of 4 (254 Views)

[ Edited ]

I hear ya.  I like my printer but I'll never buy another one.  it's been nothing but problems installing and using it from day one.

and it's 100% results of poorly engineered software/drivers.

my epson printer was a pos that once the ink dried in the print heads I had myself a $200  paper weight.

but the software was flawless, never one problem.

my lexmark printer was a pos too. tiny little ink containers that ran out in 200 pages.  and once one is out you have to throw away the other 2  colors that were still 1/2 full.

again software/drivers were flawless.

my hp, printer is amazing.  software/drivers are the worst thing I've ever seen in my 14 years working with computers. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation