cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
31 23 2 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Headers and footers truncated in web page printing

This problem started when I installed the HP software on a new Windows 8 machine, running IE 10.  The printer is an Officejet 6500-E709n.  Windows Print Preview shows both headers and footers, but with all margins set to .75 and Shrink-to-Fit enabled, I get just the bottom 1/3 of the headers and the top 1/3 of the footers with blank space above and below the respective lines.  I have followed the suggestions posted about deleting the current copy of the HP software, and downloading and installing a new copy, but there is not change.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
PhD Student
PhD Student
864 840 61 148
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Larry1895,

I hate to hear you are having issues.  If you had adjusted all settings with the newly installed drivers, then a generic driver may help.  Here is a link that will provide steps for that; however I suggest using the 9800 rather than the 990c/450 indicated. Click Here

1. Does this issue occur with an alternate OS and/or browser?

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
31 23 2 1
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Could not right click on printer (step 6), so had to get access through Control Panel/Devices & Printers.  Clicked on Windows Update Drivers, but could not find the preferred 9800 under Deskjet or Officejet, so went with Deskjet 990c.  The new driver did not have the control options that are available through the 6500 driver and the resulting print contained 3/4 of the header and no footer.  I went back to the original 6500 driver. 

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
864 840 61 148
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Larry1865,

Thanks for the response.  I need a bit more information to provide the best path to follow.  Please see below.  

Needed information:

1. What media size are you printing on?

2. Does this occur in Word, notepad, or any other application?

Suggestions:

1. Use an alternate browser: Chrome, Firefox, etc.

2. Add a generic driver that is compatible with desired print job.  Printing from webpages can produce these types of issues; the right generic driver can produce desired results.

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
Thank You,
I work for HP.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
31 23 2 1
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am printing web pages on regular 8 1/2 X 11 paper.  The problem only occurs printing from IE10.  Word and Excel with their different spacing for headers and footers are OK.  Google Chrome printed headers and footers are good also.  Can I possibly configure two copies of the 6500 printer, one with the standard HP driver and one with a generic driver, so I can select the appropriate printer at the time of print?

Larry

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
864 840 61 148
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Larry1895,

Thanks for the response!  Yes two separate drivers can be configured; however we may be able to resolve the issue by reverting IE 10 back to 9.  Since other programs produce desired results, switching back to IE 9 or using an alternate browser will enable you to use the designed driver.   

1. To revert IE to version 9 (I suggest completely removing IE 10)

A.  Click Here Note: this is a 3rd party website-HP and I are not responsible for content of this site

B.  Next to desired language, select operating system, and then click download

2.  Add separate driver

A.  Go to device and printer folder

B.  Select add printer in top left of dialog box

C.  Follow on screen prompts (steps from here will utilize same process starting with step 11 from  this link).  Be sure to choose same connection/port option as configured for the 6500 driver. 

D.  Since the 990c did not produce desired results, run a windows update to see if the 9800 will populate or try the 450.

Hope this helps!

Thank You,
I work for HP.
Intern
Intern
31 23 2 1
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Under Windows 8, you are restricted to version 10 of IE, however Microsoft community had addressed the issue and suggested resetting the internet advanced options.  It was a minor hassle to re-do some of my settings, but it corrected the problem.  Headers and footers are printing correctly from IE10.

Thanks for your suggestions and help

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
864 840 61 148
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Larry1895,

Thanks for the response!  I am glad a resolution was reached.  If possible can you post the setting changes that were made for IE?  It would be greatly appreciated to be able to provide these steps for future users that may experience the same issue.

Thanks for the kudos!

Thank you for being an HP customer.

Thank You,
I work for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
31 23 2 1
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Resetting the IE10 Advanced Options under Windows 8 fixed the problem.  The reset requires a system restart and changes the following user settings:  toolbars and add-ons are disabled,  browser settings are reset to defaults (ie, default search provider).  I use default settings for Privacy, Security, pop-ups, and browsing tabs, so I saw on changes with any of them.  I have Enable Protected Mode turned on for Internet and Restricted zones, but not for Intranet or Trusted zones.  It would appear that checking Enable Enhanced Protected Mode under the Advanced Options tab is what kills the headers and footers.

Thanks again for your help

PhD Student
PhD Student
864 840 61 148
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Larry1895,

Thanks for the response!  This will help others if needed.  Let me know if you have any other issues, I would be happy to help!

Thank you being an HP customer!

Thank You,
I work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation