The HP Community is here for you.
04-24-2010 05:47 AM
Last week it was still printing double-sided and now all of a sudden it won't anymore. If I press the 'two-sided' button on front of printer, it displays a message that we need the accessory - which has been installed years ago and still is installed. Any ideas?
04-25-2010 03:57 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 11:34 AM by OscarFuentes
I have never had to deal with this issue myself but perhaps that following will be of some help or at least worth checking.
The bottom portion of this documents mentions software settings to check for double sided printing. Maybe, for some reason, these have changed on you.
|NOTE:||The driver for this product does not support automatic two-sided printing in Windows Vista.|
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start .
- Select All Programs , and then click HP Director .
- Click Print Settings , and then click Printer Toolbox .
- Select the Configuration tab in the Toolbox.
- Select either Auto Two-Sided Print Accessory or Auto Two-Sided Print Accessory with small paper tray , depending on which accessory is attached.
- Click Apply , and then click OK in the confirmation box that opens.
- Click File , and then click Print .
- Click Properties , and then select the Printing Shortcuts tab.
- Select the Two-sided printing drop-down list, and then click Automatic .
- Select the Paper Source.
- Upper tray to print from the main input tray.
- Rear tray to print from the Hagaki tray on the two-sided print accessory.
- Lower tray to print from the 250 Sheet Plain Paper tray, if it is installed.
- Select the Paper Size.
- Change any other desired print settings, then click OK .
- Click OK to print.
I hope this is of some help, if not I am sorry.