Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, when I plugged in my old printer to my laptop which has Windows 7 on it. It says that the driver wasn't found. I tried finding the driver download on here, but could only find one that was compatable with old versions of Windows can someone help me locate a windows 7 compatable version?

HP Desktjet 5900 series

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Try looking for an HP Universal driver for your type of machine, i.e. Deskjet. Install it in compatibility mode for either (first choice) Windows 7 or Windows XP.

This worked for me. No HP driver available for my printer compatible with Windows 8.

HP Recommended

@eddie0901, have you tried downloading from the website?

You can try to download an alternative driver (Deskjet 990c) and it should work for you. 

(Shane_R) has a great post on how to download it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers-e-g-Windows-8/How-to-Assign-Alterna...

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Hey guys Can you help me to download the drivers for HP Deskjet 5900 series 

HP Recommended

Hello jordanyHD, Welcome to the Forums!

I just came across your post and noticed you are looking for drivers for your Deskjet 5900 series printer.

As I am unsure of which exact printer you have, I am not able to see if the driver is available for Windows 7. If you wish to respond with your model number, I will gladly check for you!

Please click this link and type in your printers exact Model Number to see if there are available drivers for your specific printer model.

HP Drivers & Downloads

Take care,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.