Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavillion 15 Notebook and all was welll until, I think, Windows 10 update,  Now,  I can print photos/wepages but Word and Escel rill not print - the printer just pushes blan sheets of paper through.  I have reinstalled drivers several times and tried other suggestions such as UAC.  There's a reference on the FOrum to a Windows bug causing the problem.  Can any one help me to fix it??    What little hair I have will soon be pulled out....

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you tried:

printer properties => Advance tab

Remove checkbox on "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster" and enable Checkbox on "print directly to the printer"

HP Recommended

Thanks

I've tried this. 'Spool printer so programm finishes printing faster' is enabled and, below that 'start printing immediately' is also checked.  'Print directly to printer' below this is greyed out and not available as an option so I can't change settings.

What is strange about this problem is that, after logging this query, I tried another Word document whihc had a photo on the page.  The photo printed, though colours wrong) but no text was printed. 

I've also tried my wife's laptop on the printer which has exactly the same problem!

Any other ideas, please?

HP Recommended

Have you tried reinstalling with the latest drivers?

Step1:

Do you still have a Win7 pc?

If so, I would update the printers firmware to the latest version with that computer, if you didn't already update.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3630/DJ3630_R1629A.exe

You can skip this if you don't have a Win7 PC and go to step 2

Step 2:

Again in the printer advanced settings => choose a random driver (not the 3630 one) and apply and OK.

Remove the printer via right click => remove and Unplug the printer.

Then from "START" =>Type "Print Management" open it and delete the 3630 driver PACKET from "printservers/your pc name/drivers".

Reboot and download the latest driver for your printer, should be from this year.

Not sure if your pc is 32 or 64bit?

64bit one: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3630/DJ3630__Basicx64_1107.exe

Hope that helps

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.