cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jgossc
Level 2
21 12 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

How do I change the destination folder for scans on my Apple?

HP Recommended
Office jet Pro 8600
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi, I am trying to find out how to change the destination folder for my scans when I scan from the printer.  Currently, the scans go into "documents," and I want it to go into a scan folder.  Any clues?  I tried looking at some instructions on earlier posts, but it seems that they are for windows.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jgossc

I would be happy to help you change your scan destination. I understand that when you scan from your Officejet Pro 8600 to your Mac, the scan file is currently going to your documents, and that you would like them to go to a scan folder instead. 

To change the destination please complete the steps below and let me know the outcome of your efforts:

• Open HP Utility
  • Select Scan to Computer
  • Click Edit Scan Tasks
  • Choose a scan shortcut
  • Select Edit
  • In the options listed here you should see scan destination

If this resolves the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below; otherwise, let me know and I will do all I can to help. Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation