Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600 all-in-one CN578A

Windows XP

Messaage: Built-in network capabilities have been disabled.Contact network administrator or person who set up the printer.

Cannot connect printer to wireless network.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Better you reset the network settings to factory default. Then install the software to 

Here is the way to do that.

1. Go to printer LCD panel

2. Select Setup->Tools->Reset to Factory defaults.

Hope this will help you.

Happy Printing

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Hi,;

I still get the same error message:

Messaage: Built-in network capabilities have been disabled. Contact network administrator or person who set up the printer.

I Cannot connect printer to wireless network.  i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and disconnecting the router.  Please help

HP Recommended
New Ethernet modem installed in our home yesterday. Cannot print. Tried to go to setup menu, then network and receive message "built in network capabilities have been disabled. Contact ..network admin or person who set up.." . I set it up. How do I fix this?
HP Recommended
It worked! Thank you!
HP Recommended

Where is the reply to this question? I'm experiencing the same problem.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Can you send me the help info. Thanks

HP Recommended

@12319 wrote:

I have the same problem. Can you send me the help info. Thanks

The solution appears to be in post #2 of this thread...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
Having the same problem. How do I un lock
HP Recommended

I put my 8600 on factory settings and then turned the wireless feature on. However I am still unable to access anything on my IMac computer when I open the printer utility. I am not very good at computers and I really need help. Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.