cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How do I install the C410 in Windows Server 2008 R2?

HP Recommended

Using Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 - which indeed is a flavour of Windows 7 64b SP1 - I cannot install the driver for my HP C410. Installation stops with this message:

This product type does not match the list of supported product types. (screenshot)

... and in German:

Dieser Produkttyp befindet sich nicht in der Liste der unterstützten Produkttypen. (screenshot)

The printer itself works standalone and is connected to the net. I have tried the software included in package and version 140.222 from HP's. Installation went fine with Win7 Pro SP1 64b of my wifes laptop.

What do I have to do to get the software installed? Or at least, how do I find out what is wrong/needs to be enabled?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2
21 21 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Even though Win Server 2008 is a flavour of Windows 7 you cannot load the Windows 7 drivers onto it as has a different Microsoft code, there are currently no driverfs for this model and Server 2008.

Have you tired using compatible mode to install the drivers.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

First of all, thanks for your message. - Yes, I have already tried running the installer in compatibility mode (selecting Vista x64 there, though) and I have even extracted all the files and ran Setup.exe in compat-mode. The installer still does its detection and the error message appears.

According to Microsoft's own publishings, the (then new and now standard) driver model (WDK) allows for that kind of compatbility; which holds true in practice given all the hardware which works with my system. My guess is that HP has simply implemented an rigid OS-check and I hope that someone has an idea how to circumvent that. 

There is a printer driver from HP's (v70.101.505.0) which works and has to be installed manually. Enables me to print; e.g., I cannot use the scanner at all. Maybe there is an installable scanner driver somewhere, too? HP, do you read this forums?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For anyone having trouble with HP Drivers... I just spent 4 hours banging my head about this issue. Apparently, HP does some type of “compatibility test”  that DOES NOT WORK!!!  

Here is how I solved installing HP Printer Drivers for an HP C410 Scanner. I sincerely hope this helps someone and saves them from hours of frustration.

1.       Downloaded the required Driver EXE file from HP's support website

2.       Downloaded 7-Zip from http://7-zip.org/

3.       Used 7-Zip to UNZIP the EXE to a Subdirectory

4.       Used the[Add a printer] button in the Windows 2008 R2 "Devices and Printers" module

a.       Clicked "Add a local printer"

b.      Selected "FILE: (Print to File)" in Choose a printer port window

c.       Clicked [Next]

d.      Clicked [Have Disk..."

e.      Located the "hpC410.inf" file in the extract directory

f.        Selected the appropriate printer (HP Photosmart Prem C410 Series)

g.       Clicked [Next]

h.      Selected "Do not share this printer"

i.         Clicked [Next]

j.        Clicked [Finish]

The printer driver was ready to roll.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation