Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (7,259 Views)

How do I know if my printhead needs replacing?

Hi

I have aPhotosmart wireless all in one printer B 110a which I bought just over a year ago so the warrranty has run out.

I have been having problems printing with the black ink which behaves as if the ink had run out although the  system said it was half full.  I cleaned the printheads several times (including the deep clean) it would then print one page OK but the subsequent pages would get worse.  I tried a new cartridge which was fine at first but is now doing the same even though it is 3 qtrs full.  The three colours are fine.  I printed a print quality diagnostic report which showed the black fading.

I did have a paper jab (but cannot recall if it was before or after this problem started). Could that have damaged the printhead?

How do I know if the printhead is damaged and how do  I get a replacement?

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 5 (7,233 Views)

How do I know if my printhead needs replacing?

What type of printer do you have?
I see that you did a deep cleaning with the print head and it worked for a moment. You should try to MANUALLY clean the print head. Take the print head out, and clean with lint free cloth and water.

Also if you would like to get a print head replacement, you can look one up online at (http://goo.gl/fCJua). You can also contact HP (1800-474-6836).
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (7,232 Views)

Re: How do I know if my printhead needs replacing?

The printer is a Photosmart wireless all in one printer B 110a.

I have tried the manual clean, and now it is even worse.  The website you gave me is US based and I am in the UK, But i have checked and we have a supplier locally who can order one for me.  I will be buying the new printhead regardless as I cannot afford to be without a printer this close to Christmas.  I just hope that it solves the problem.

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 5 (7,222 Views)

Hi asjer64, one thing you could try is the printhead soak that Bob recommends.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Photosmart-Premium-c309a-Black-prints-out-gree...

If it doesn't work then you could go ahead with buying a new printhead at the HP Part Store.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwhowtobuy.html

Might be worth a try anyway.

Ciara

I am an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (7,202 Views)

Thanks Ciara

It fixed it for a few printouts but them went off again, the new printhead should arrive tomorrow so hopefully I can get some work done with the worry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation