Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I reset my HP Photosmart 6520 to it’s original factory setup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow steps below.

Setup Menu > Tools > Restore factory defaults

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow steps below.

Setup Menu > Tools > Restore factory defaults

HP Recommended

I had tried that and still couldn't gain access.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Whats the reason behind reseeting the printer to factory defaults?

HP Recommended

how do I do a factory reset if the language is not in English. I need to change the language to English but nothing has worked so maybe if I reset to factory default I can start over  

HP Recommended

I can get to the setup menu and to tools but since it's not written in English I do not know which choice is > Restore factory defaults

the 1st solution did not work either (press in order bottom left of the screen,  then top left, top left, top left etc did not work either)

no support person will return a call because they say my warranty is expired but I purchased extended warranty when I purchased the printer on 7/8/14 but they retruned with the message my product could not be found.

Please help or HH Gregg will get a visit from me and I intend to get a refund

GT2

HP Recommended

I ended up going on "Chat" with HP Support. They added that after pressing reset, I also had to shut the printer off and back on again and then run the Wireless Network Setup.

That worked great!

HP Recommended

Hi GT2,

Is the issue resolved?

HP Recommended

Hello, Your fix says to go to:  Setup menu > tools > Restore factory defaults.

I can't even get to the 'Setup menu' on my HP6520 printer screen.  What I have is the Settings icon, which is a wrench, then when I press that I get to a screen that has 'Tools' as an option.  Then when I press on Tools, I get another menu none of which say 'Restore factory defaults.'  The options are: Estimated ink levels, Print status report,print quality report, and Clean printhead.

Where am I going wrong?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The options displayed are correct, scroll the screen to the next options available which are align printer and restore factory defaults.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.