Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPPhotosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, Your fix says to go to:  Setup menu > tools > Restore factory defaults.

I can't even get to the 'Setup menu' on my HP6520 printer screen.  What I have is the Settings icon, which is a wrench, then when I press that I get to a screen that has 'Tools' as an option.  Then when I press on Tools, I get another menu none of which say 'Restore factory defaults.'  The options are: Estimated ink levels, Print status report,print quality report, and Clean printhead.

Where am I going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jmac8,

You are in the right place, there are 3 more options in the Tools menu you are not seeing;

1. Align Printer
  2. Restore Factory Defaults
  3. Demo Mode

After the Clean Printhead option, you should be able to scroll over to the next page of Tools. To scroll, touch the right hand side of the touch screen and drag your finger to the left.

I hope this resolves your inquiry! 🙂

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @jmac8,

You are in the right place, there are 3 more options in the Tools menu you are not seeing;

1. Align Printer
  2. Restore Factory Defaults
  3. Demo Mode

After the Clean Printhead option, you should be able to scroll over to the next page of Tools. To scroll, touch the right hand side of the touch screen and drag your finger to the left.

I hope this resolves your inquiry! 🙂

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Reply by Sunshyne2005 worked for me!  I hadn't gone far enough.   Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.