cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
deckumdad Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I rid of the error message HPQTHB08.exe-Common Language Runtime Debugging Services?

I run a HP Scanjet 4890 scanner with my setup. I use the HP software associated (HP Solution Center and the Document viewer) with my scanner.

I receive a window named  HPQTHB08.exe-Common  Language Runtime Debugging Services, Application has generated an exception that could not be handled, process ID=0x6b0(1712), Thread ID=0x6c0(1728), click OK to terminate the application , Click CANCEL to debug the application.

What is this?

I've tried clicking on both and I receive a message saying that a registered JIT debugger  is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2). Please check computer settings   cordbg.exe !a 0x6b0.

I am curious to know what in HP does this and how can I get it resolved.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
144 144 8 23
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I rid of the error message HPQTHB08.exe-Common Language Runtime Debugging Services?

Hi,

The file hpqthb08.exe is responible for the Photosmart Permier software which goes with older verion of solution center.

The this issue is caused by PS premier application .

Please try the below steps

1) go to add remove progprams and uninstall Photosmart Premier

2) Go to C:Progam file/HP/Digital Imaging/Bin and look for this file and delete it (hpqthb08.exe)

If the above steps does not work,please get back with the details.

Regards

Mugu

---- If my answer was helpful please click the "Kudos" star.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Though I work for HP the post are of my own

deckumdad Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I uninstalled Photosmart Premier 6.5 as you said, then I looked in program files/ HP/ Digital Imaging/ bin. The file HPQTHB08 .exe was not there. I double checked and after determining and confirming that the hpqthb08 was not there I tried the HP solution center software to see if my scanner worked. It did, thanks. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation