cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

How do I set a default scanning page length the for the HP Photosmart C8180?

HP Recommended

When I scan documents using the HP Solution Center software on my HP Photosmart C8180 printer, the page length always defaults to 12 inches.  While I can change it to 11 inches on each scanned page, that is a great pain when scanning multi-page documents.  Is there a work around or direct solution?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Level 8
1,792 1,787 83 286
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What operating system are you using on the PC interacting with the printer? There should be printer settings to set as a default from the solution center.

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm using WP7.  The problem is with scanning, not printing.  The printer default paper size (via 'Printers & Devices' is 'Letter' and shows as 8-1/2 by 11.  Printing is not a problem.  The page size function works fine.  Every time I scan something, the full page scans and then there is an additional one inch white space at the bottom.  The HP software shows a 12" length which I can adjust to 11 one page at a time.  I have not found a way to lock the length.

Any other thoughst?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Level 8
2,530 2,533 123 193
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you scan a document for example, from solution center, one of the screens that should  come up, will have (depends of Windows version for exact wordage) a button for Advanced Document Settings. In there should be a check box option for automatically crop to document. That would clear up the white border at the bottom without having to do it manually. 

When you scan an image (or document) to file, generally the default settings save that at original size.

As a side note, generally printers that have a document feeder, will automatically handle images/documents in the manner that you are looking for, without changes to the default settings simply due to being physically fed past a scan window.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Tags (1)
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I think that will fix the problem.  I believe I unchecked that quite some time ago when I was getting cropping where I didn't want it.  I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help!!!!! Photosmart C4640  8.5x11 docs when I scan to PDF finish at 35.42"x48.71"  and each time I scan doc to PDF the dimensions grow.  Weird. Also 26% but when I change % to 90 or 100 doc is so large I can only see small part.  I've done uninstall/install of HP...look at Adobe pdf info.   NO help.

0 Kudos
Level 8
1,792 1,787 83 286
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi judyD,

Only because that is a different issue and so that anyone else searching for a solution may be confused by expanding on your post, I would suggest creating a new thread regarding that problem.

The issue this thread was created for has been solved.

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried the option to automatically crop the scanned page and indeed, it removes the portion of the image that goes beyond the 11 inch page, however, it actually crops the entire image removing all buy .25 inches of white space in the margin area.  This automatic cropping is an inelegant solution when one only wishes to scan an 8.5 inch by 11 inch page.  Wish there were a solution to set the output size.

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On one has yet at HP or providing solutions has yet understood what is desired.

We don't want to autocrop or have to manually crop for each document.

We want to set the 8.5x11.7 to 8.5x11 and LOCK it with the displayed lock icon for all documents to be scanned, thus default page dimensions.

This is not hard to do, just fix your product, every other scan software allows this.

I would even accept a regedit fix for this issue.

0 Kudos
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"We don't want to autocrop or have to manually crop for each document.

We want to set the 8.5x11.7 to 8.5x11 and LOCK it with the displayed lock icon for all documents to be scanned, thus default page dimensions.

This is not hard to do, just fix your product, every other scan software allows this.

I would even accept a regedit fix for this issue."

That is EXCATLY what I want to be able to do! ... I want the scan to default to 8.5x11".  C'mon HP this is a fundamental feature! Nothing fancy!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation