cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gmom1
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How do I update firmware for my printer?

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Forum,

Hopefully updating the firmware will solve the problem of my printer not printing black. It prints every other color. I looked up the manuel on line and did every thing it said I think. I even analyzed it with the print wizard or DR. The friend who was able to open the ADF door for me, because I thought it impossible due to my lack of strength, seems to think updating the firmware will solve my problem.

I must confess that prior to discovering this problem I was doing something very stupid. I was unplugging my printer from the electrical outlet  without turning off the printer first. Then I saw an error message on the printer itself instructing me to turn off the printer first or I could damage my printer. So I stopped that behavior immediately. But the damage may already occured. My printer is out of warrenty. My friend is pretty savy as far as computors go and is determined to help me with my printer problem.

But he needs to know how to update the firmware. I am not sure if my computor is 64 bit or 32 bit. There is plenty of black ink in the cartridge, so I did not try replacing it, but I think we tried everything else.    

Hopeful,

Gmom1

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,740 92,618 11,991 25,558
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the following instructions to fix the problem first:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03944809

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Gmom1
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help but I decided to just buy a new printer because I felt like I was just going in circles and getting no where. I am sorry I didn't try the last suggestions but I did try some of the suggestions I got earlier. Thanks for your effort.

Gmom1 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation