cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How do you change the following settings...

HP Recommended

I am an adult education teacher who needs to scan a large amout of material for my students. I scan them to the computer as pdf files. I foumd some old scans in my My Documents folder but I cannot find the ones I just scanned two minutes ago.

Is there a way I can change:

1. The default directory that scans are sent to

2. The scan prefix so they don't all say "scan" at the beginning of the file name.

Here are my specs

I use the OfficeJet 6700 Premium on Windows 7 and the printer is being used wirelessly.

I just have to say how much I love this printer! It prints faster than the 7200 I had previously and is much easier to use! The scan cover is also lighter and I can lift it up myself even with my weak arms and hands due to my splastic cerebral palsy. Thanks for making a great product!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
944 904 44 89
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cparissi ,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the HP Forums today! Hope you enjoy the experience.

First off, very happy to hear you love the product, it truly is a great one! I understand you are having trouble with the whole scanning portion of the printer.

Here is a document that will help you learn to scan from the software not the hardware. Scan from Windows 7 With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers

Let me know if this helps you understand the software scanning process better. Look forward to hearing back from you.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation