cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RCP45
Level 3
46 30 1 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

How often and at what interval does the officejet 8620 redial faxes?

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625

How often and at what interval does the officejet 8620 redial faxes?

Where can I see the status of any pending redials?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,641 191 256
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi RCP45,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer and you would like to know at what interval the printer will redial faxes, and would like to know about viewing pending redials. I would like to help with that.

When you have the printer set with Busy redial:On, or No answer redial:On, the printer will automatically begin to redial the fax recipient's number as soon as the first transmission fails without delay. It will keep trying to send until the Cancel button is pressed.

There is no pending faxes list because once the fax is cancelled the fax number will need to be entered again, either manually or selected from your speed dial entries.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:)

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

RCP45
Author
Level 3
46 30 1 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My REAL problem was that the number wasn't busy -- I left off the long-distance "1" so got a long repetative recording from the phone company. Took forever or the either the phone company or the HP8620 to hang up.  I had sound turned off so disn't her all that. I started to suspect something other than busy was going on so turned sound back on and learned what was really happening.

But now I know it will be very persistent and keep trying!

0 Kudos
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,641 191 256
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi RCP45,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that you were able to figure out what was going on.

Please do not hesitate to visit the forum again if there are any printer issues that need any attention.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation