Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,303 Views)

How to bypass color cartridges and just use the printer as B&W? - Officejet Pro 7780

Hi

I have an Officjet Pro 7780 and it is low on Yellow ink, but even when I choose the option to print only in

grey scale in printer settings, I get a msg to replace Yellow ink before it can print. I can not even use the

copier to make black copies. The Black ink cartridge is full. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Soussan

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,283 Views)

Re: How to bypass color cartridges and just use the printer as B&W? - Officejet Pro 7780

I have the exact same problem and no one at HP is willing to help out with this issue. I bought the C7200 and it has turned out to be the biggest waste of money ever! Will someone from HP PLEASE answer this question. How can I use my printer to only print in black and white and bypass color. I tried to change the setting in the properties tab and it does not work. I continue to get a message that one of my colors is empty. I DON'T CARE! All I want to do is print using black ink. I have tried everything. I want my money back for this complete pile of junk printer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation