Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@BenC65 wrote:

Much of the above discussion has misunderstood DinnoNucci's question, which was asking about the printer's broadcast channel; not the Router's broadcast channel.  This is the Wireless Direct feature.  

I want to change the Wireless Direct channel to be different from my Router's broadcast channel, so that the two do not interfere.  Is there a way to change the printer's Wireless Direct channel to a user-selected value?  My router is broadcasting on channel 11; I want to set the prtiner to broadcast on channel 6.

Well no.   You only use Wireless Direct when no router is available.  Just connect your printer to your routers SSID with password and print away.

HP Recommended

There was no confusion. These printers are simply designed to broadcast on the same channel as a WiFi network they're connected to. Probably because it uses the same antennae to set up an ad-hoc network.

If your printer is connected to your local WiFi network, it's really best to simply disable AirPrint and use the network. Even moving the printer a fair distance from your router can cause significant interference in this case and your network quality will suffer.

I live in an an apartment complex and the local wifi is fairly crowded as it is.

HP Recommended

Thanks Silarn; that wasn't clear, but what you've explained makes sense.  Many thanks for your reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.