cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AdmiralP Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to configure HP Officejet Pro K5400 so that I can use ePrint app from my Android tabler?

According to the HP website at http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02814760  the HP Officejet Pro K5400 Printer Series supports the HP ePrint Mobile App.

However, I can find no clear instructions on how I can set up my K5400dn to work with the app. I have installed the app on my Android tablet, but it seems to be suggesting that I need to have an email account associated with the K5400 printer. I do not understand how I can set my K5400 to have such an option.. The printer is connected to my router/hub via Ethernet  and is visible on the local network with a static ip address.  This K5400 does not have any control panel on it. I am unclear how I am meant to assign any email address to it.

PC running Windows 7 has HP Officejet Pro K5400 connected over ethernet via Router;

Printer visible on LAN

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet with HP ePrint app installed

I'd appreciate any assistance in configuring this, or adcvice on an alternate method of printing from my Android tablet to my HP Officejet Pro K5400 printer

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,710 4,604 367 874
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to configure HP Officejet Pro K5400 so that I can use ePrint app from my Android tabler?

Hi AdmiralP,

I understand that you’re trying to print to your Officejet.   There are a couple of thing that we can try.  I would try unplugging my router and printer.  I would plug the router up first then the printer.  I would also powercycle the Android tablet.  Try to print from the app again.  Also, the app will ask for an ePrint email address but your printer is a legacy printer so you can ignore that prompt.

Let me know how it goes.

**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. **

0 Kudos
AdmiralP Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Garytech1 -
Thanks for your response.
I seem to have got there now. I powered off the printer, then powered it up again; then when I went back to the tablet and re-started the ePrintt app, I was able to locate the Officejet K5400, then selected a file on the tablet and was able to print it!

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction.

regards,
AdmiralP
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,710 4,604 367 874
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AdmiralP,

**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. **

Glad it worked for you! :generic:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation