Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 1 (2,078 Views)

How to install x86 driver on 64-bit Win 7 machine

My system is running 64-bit Windows 7, and the printer is a LaserJet P2055dn using the HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6 (0.3.7071.0) driver. The printer works fine when printing local, and when printing from another 64-bit Win 7 machine on the network. However, there is a third system on the network running 32-bit Win XP SP3. This user, on occasion, wants to print on the P2055dn printer attached to my 64-bit Win 7 machine.

When I attempt to add a x86 driver from the additional drivers dialog box, it asks me to provide a printer driver, but I can't seem to find a suitable driver. The CD that came with the printer does not contain the driver that the system is looking for.

How do I find a suitable driver for the situation described above.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation