Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This did not resolve my problem, I am now very frusted with my HP Printer, although only a few years old & with new HP cartridges I am going to scrap this F4280 Printer and buy something else.

Roy.

HP Recommended

Hi

When I turn on the computer, the power & resume light flashes together, but not at the same time. Then they flash  exactly together. Also when I turn on the computer, I hear a noise from what I think is the printer cartridge,

but it doesn't seem to move either when I 1st turn on the computer or when I try to print.

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi

I just thought I would tell you about another hard reset I tried to do. 1st I disconnected all cables connected to the printer, next I disconnected the power cable at the power source. I waited for 60 seconds. After that I reconnected the power cable at the power source, next I reconnected the cables to the printer. This did not resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

When I did the 2 resets that I told you about, I made sure that the waiting periods was while the printer lights was off. I did them in the same exact order.

I also tried taking the cartridges out & reseating the cartridges, than try the same resets, both in the same order & waiting period, but the problem was not resolved.

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting this.  I did this and my "close document feeder cover" msg did not go away.  Still need help with that problem.  But thank you for posting this.

HP Recommended

Hello

Blinking lights for the Deskjet 845cvr printer.

Make sure the cartridges are genuine HP cartridges.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bud09169

Here is a url for Solve a problem.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&l...

For the other posts if it is a different printer please let me know which printer you have so I can assist you better.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Rich;

I've tried very carefully everything you have suggested & in the order specified. My printer still does the same thing which ends with a sheet of paper sticking out the front.

I am able to scan things to my computer but that seems like all the thing is good for anymore.

I'm at the end of my rope so unless you have something that has not been tried I am going to junk this printer,,,, probably with a sledge hammer.

Thanks for your efforts.

Woody

SEMPER FI 

HP Recommended

Hello

Make sure the printer is plugged in directly to a wall outlet.

Check inside the printer for any paper jams.

Try running a hardware test on the printer to see if it hardware or software related.

Select the Deskjet 800 series then your printer HP Deskjet 845c.

Note: disconnect the usb cable when doing this test and power cycle the printer.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpd07098

Let me know the results.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I dont know about all others who own an HP 845, but trying to fix the problems were just too much, I took mine to the recycle, good riddence.

Roy.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone

I tried another hard reset. I Disconnected the USB cable from the printer, then from the computer, then power cable from printer, then from power board, then from the time period of no power for printer, wait 60 seconds, then reconnect the power cable to the power board, Then USB cable to the computer then to the printer; then the power cable to the printer. From now on with the power button resets I do the 60 secons wait.

I have also tried checking to see if the firewall is the problem by switching off the firewall, than doing the resets exactly as mentioned, then with the firewall still off, I tried to print again with no result.

I mentioned the noise that I thought that was coming from the printing cartridge. I have discovered that it is actually coming from the location of the printer lights. I can only hear the noise of the printer when it 's power is turned on. Nothing happens to the printer when I try to print, I onlysee on the printing, "printing", then deleting then the printing job disappears.

Thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.