Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 6510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all. I am an artist. I want to experiment with printing on different types of paper. Specifically, used teabags (sans used tea), and used dryer sheets. I tried the dryer sheets this morning. (They are 7 x 9, so I customized the paper size.) Experimentally, I folded over regular scotch tape, centered the dryer sheet, and taped each corner to a sheet of regular printer paper. As I suspected, it did not work--got a paper jam when the dryer sheet came loose from the tape in the printing process. I thought perhaps if I tape the dryer sheet more securely to the regular paper I migh have better luck, but my daughter says it will not wowrk that way either bc the paper will then be too thick. (I am not sure about this--I mean, we are talking a used dryer sheet people!) But it is her printer, and she is waaay more tech savvy than me, so i am willing to defer to her judgement.

There has to be a way to do this. Anyone solution will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is a list of papers supported on the following page

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02907978

Other than that, printer won't print or getting paper jam message.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I can't find the exact answer you are referencing. You say that I can find a list of supported papers by going to the link you provide, but I don't see it--the list, not the link; I can only find a list of supported paper SIZES, and a list of something called "duplexing." I have no dea what duplexing is, so that particular reference doesn't help. I know that you also say that no other paper other than what is listed will work, and I will get paper jamming and or printing errors. I appreciate that. I thank you for the reponse, but I can't find what I was looking for in the link you provided. (doesn't mean it wasn't there, only that I can't find it--but then, I am 70 years old, so please orgive my stupidity.)

God bless

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.