Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I scan a document with the HP Deskjet 2540 All in one.

HP Recommended

i need step by step direction on how to scan than send what i've scaned in a email. please help!!

HP Recommended

Well done HP on creating the most ridiculous process for scanning using this printer

HP Recommended

which button do i press to scan

HP Recommended

Can I have a reply to the above question or is there a video explanation?

HP Recommended

I need to know how to scan tickets.  Don't know how with my printer

HP Recommended

I too am looking for how to scan with my HP 2540

HP Recommended

How do I scan

HP Recommended

It seems that many of the links provided earlier in the thread are no longer valist as they simply take me to the general support page. My guess is that they may not have contained the information I'm seeking anyways as it's a bit more complicated than what others here have requested.

I own a Deskjet 2540 All in one running on Windows 10 and have been able to create scans by opening the Printer Assistant, clicking on 'Scan a Document or Photo' and then using the provided utility.

My problem is that I'm trying to scan and combine multiple documents. When I use the 300 dpi or lower settings, I'm given a " + " button that allows me to continue scanning additional pages until my project is complete at which point I can save as and title the document etc. This is great!

But...

When I try to increase the quality to 600 dpi or higher (which I need to do in some cases), no " + " button is visible which makes the process a lot more complicated. Any idea why this is or how I might rectify it?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Tell me how

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.