cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jimhank114
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How to set default font on M606x printer

HP Recommended
Laser Jet Enterprise M606x
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

I just purchased  HP Laser Jet Enterprise M606x and a M605dn printers.

I have an older program we use constantly and it requires I set the default font and symbol set.

On all of my other HP printers, I can set this via the web interface.

Where can I set this or what is the a PCL or PJL command to set the following?

FONT:               Courier

SYMBOL:          Roman-8

Font Size:        12.00

Font Pitch:      16.67

Form Lines:     66

I was led to believe I could set these values prior to my purchase.

If I cannot, I will need to return both printers as they will be useless.

Thank you!!!

2 REPLIES 2
dansdaduk
Level 9
3,562 3,229 282 547
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can probably set these via the front panel menu system, or via the Embedded Web Server equivalent.

I don't have access to M605 / M606 printers, but it's probably similar to other models; for example, with Colour LaserJet M553x:

Capture.PNG

although (oddly) that doesn't seem to have an entry for the symbol (character) set.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jimhank114
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I swear, I am going blind.  Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation