Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
etow Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to setup grayscale printing for HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One printer - E709n?

Does anyone know how to setup grayscale printing for HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One printer - E709n?

Is there a way to make this printer to only print Black ink instead of using the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow inks together to produce the black ink?

Need help.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
32011 2330 7596
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to setup grayscale printing for HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One printer - E709n?

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system?  For Windows 7 you would click on the Features tab, select Print in Grayscale and then select Black ink only, Apply.

Be aware that some color ink will still be used to keep the printhead from clogging.  See this page for information on how ink is used.  (The Officejet 6500 is an IIC printer in the terminology of that page.)

oj 6500 black.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Provost Provost
Provost
32011 2330 7596
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By the way, the information I gave above does not apply for printing on photo paper.  The pigmented black ink is not compatible with photo paper and black ink will not be used when photo paper is selected.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
etow Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 as my operating system.

I have connected my HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One printer - E709n using a USB cable to the back of my Dell desktop tower.

Do you have any more questions that I need to address?

Please reply soon.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

etow

0 Kudos
Hannes_G Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

HP Officejet 6500A Plus E710n-z

I recently bought 2 of the above printers for office and home use.

The problem I have is setting preferences to only print in black or Grayscale as I dont print in color often.

Clicked on "Devices and Printers" to change settings under "Printer Actions" / "Customize your printer" ..

But I cannot seem to find the section where I can set printers default setting to only print in black.

Please if anyone can help and explain step by step what I have to do Ill appreciate it.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
32011 2330 7596
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hannes_G wrote:  Hi

HP Officejet 6500A Plus E710n-z

I recently bought 2 of the above printers for office and home use.

The problem I have is setting preferences to only print in black or Grayscale as I dont print in color often.

Clicked on "Devices and Printers" to change settings under "Printer Actions" / "Customize your printer" ..

But I cannot seem to find the section where I can set printers default setting to only print in black.

Please if anyone can help and explain step by step what I have to do Ill appreciate it.

Thanks...

What operating system? For Windows 7 do the following: click Start, Devices and Printers, right click on the Officejet 6500, select Printing Defaults, Paper/Quality, Media, select Plain Paper, Apply, Advanced and then set Print in Grayscale to Black Only, OK, OK.

oj 6500 black.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

0 Kudos
owen219 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

etow wrote:

Does anyone know how to setup grayscale printing for HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One printer - E709n?

Is there a way to make this printer to only print Black ink instead of using the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow inks together to produce the black ink?

Need help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Palamine Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have an HP 6500 Wireless All-in-One printer - E709n-z. It won't print in black even though I have selected Print in Grayscale, Black only, and also, Print All Text in Black Enable. Any ideas please?
0 Kudos
atisal Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

please help me out with the new  HP Officejet 6500A Plus E710n-z  i just bought today. it scans and copy and print well in black but wont copy or print in colour. the alignment will not finish and comes out too in black and no colour ink on it. please what can i do to get the colour working properly

0 Kudos
seaschell504 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

where are you getting this screen? From the iPad or on the printer?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation