Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Printer :Photosmart 6510 all-in-one series System : Mac OS Mavericks Problem : I am getting multiple ink alerts every few minutes and I can't disable them. I have gone to HP utilty but can't find any setting that allows me to disable the ink alerts. This happened after installing the appropriate driver for HP Scan for Mavericks. I have since reinstalled all drivers as I thought the setting might be easier to find in an updated version but to no avail. I have to say that not only does this not make me want to buy hp ink cartridges. I don't think I'll ever buy another Hp printer.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi mantismamita,

I understand you have a Photosmart 6510 that you'd like to disable to ink alerts on. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this!!

What you will want to do is open your HP Utility (in your Applications under Hewlett Packard) and once it opens select your Photosmart and you should have a Message Center icon to open and then get a screen similar to the one below. Where you see the red square on my screen shot you should see a Settings button, and once you click that your screen should look like the shot below.

MessageCenter10.9.jpg

What I would recommend is to click Display HP Alerts, then choose Show only errors, and in the lower half select Auto dismiss alerts in 2 or 3 seconds and then select the middle option so that you will definitely see any errors that come up.

Let me know if this resolves your issue!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi mantismamita,

I understand you have a Photosmart 6510 that you'd like to disable to ink alerts on. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this!!

What you will want to do is open your HP Utility (in your Applications under Hewlett Packard) and once it opens select your Photosmart and you should have a Message Center icon to open and then get a screen similar to the one below. Where you see the red square on my screen shot you should see a Settings button, and once you click that your screen should look like the shot below.

MessageCenter10.9.jpg

What I would recommend is to click Display HP Alerts, then choose Show only errors, and in the lower half select Auto dismiss alerts in 2 or 3 seconds and then select the middle option so that you will definitely see any errors that come up.

Let me know if this resolves your issue!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for responding. I don't seem to have the same Alert settings under HP Utility. I have gone through the various settings and can't find anything about alert settings. Here is what I have:

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 21.00.59.png

HP Recommended

Hi mantismamita,

You'd want to start with selecting Message Center (under Information) and then you should see Settings, followed by the screen shot I supplied above 🙂

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Terry,

Unfortunately it seems to get stuck on this screenScreen Shot 2014-04-02 at 22.06.12.png (Loading Events). I suppose this is a problem. Is there any way to repair this?

HP Recommended

Hi mantismamita,

You're right, that shouldn't be happening so lets try resetting your printing system (don't add the printer back just yet) and then do a verify/repair of your disk permissions. Once those are complete please reboot your Mac and add the printer back to the queue before trying to open the HP Utility once more. If it still doesn't work, please follow this Uninstalling the Printer Software document to get the software removed, and then proceed to download and install the software from HP's website.

Let me know how this goes Smiley Happy

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Teri, 

I seem to have got it working now. Thank you for your help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.