cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ionelaiordan
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Hp 6525 all-in-one doesn't install correctly

HP Recommended

Hello and hope you can help me. I tried looking for the answer to my problme in previous forum posts but couldn't find anything useful for me. 

I bought the printer one month ago, I installed it without any problems (wireless) but at one moment, I couldn't use the scan function. I had to use the USB connection to do it. I thought about uninstalling amd reinstalling but more problems appeared. Now I can't install all the features, the scan function doesn't work wirelessly, not to mention eprint. I deleted all the HP registry keys before reinstalling the software, still doesn't work. When I get to the checking network environment, the program blocks. The printer is connected to the wireless network, it even prints documents. 

Please, can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 16,571 902 2,476
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ionelaiordan 

I understand you have already uninstall and tried installing, but the steps below may resolve the software issues you have expressed;

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%

2. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted

3. Uninstall the software again - Uninstalling the Printer Software Instructions

4. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

5. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box

• In the Open box, type msiexec /unregister, and then click OK.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box

• In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK

*Note: there is a space between the c and the /

If you have any difficulty with this step, please use this link to perform it another way. Restarting Windows Installer

6. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool < How to Delete files using Disk Cleanup

7. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

8. Perform a clean boot  >  How to perform a clean boot in Windows

9. Download the following  SP40669 File Download - if this does not download and or install please proceed to the next step.

10. Turn off the Real-Time Scanning and Firewalls; The image below is a McAfee example, if you have a different antivirus program and need help disabling Real-Time Scanning and Firewalls let me know.

Capture.JPG

Image source

11. Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Please let me know the outcome of these efforts.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 16,571 902 2,476
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ionelaiordan 

I understand you have already uninstall and tried installing, but the steps below may resolve the software issues you have expressed;

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%

2. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted

3. Uninstall the software again - Uninstalling the Printer Software Instructions

4. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

5. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.

• In the Open box, type msiexec /unregister, and then click OK.

• In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK

*Note: there is a space between the c and the /

If you have any difficulty with this step, please use this link to perform it another way. Restarting Windows Installer

6. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool < How to Delete files using Disk Cleanup

7. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

8. Perform a clean boot  >  How to perform a clean boot in Windows

9. Download the following  SP40669 File Download - if this does not download and or install please proceed to the next step.

10. Turn off the Real-Time Scanning and Firewalls; The image below is a McAfee example, if you have a different antivirus program and need help disabling Real-Time Scanning and Firewalls let me know.

Capture.JPG

Image source

11. Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Please let me know the outcome of these efforts.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
ionelaiordan
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I am able to fully use my device now. Although I have to say that I also had to add the device manually from Devices and printers in Control panel.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation