cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rebein
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 8500 cmos battery

iPad
I' am searching where i can find the cmos battery of mij hp 8500 officetjet. Who can help me?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
7,164 7,248 341 888
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 8500 cmos battery

Hello Rebein,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are looking to replace the Cmos battery in the Officejet 8500.

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but, HP does not have a printer model that has a Cmos battery.  HP computers typically are the only device that would find a use for a Cmos battery.

If you are having a particular issue with the printer, please describe the issue and I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,   :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
raymackers
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 8500 cmos battery

HI.

I had the same question, since I thought this would have resolved the following problem:

loss of time/date parameters

and other kinds of strange behavior (loss of connection with the PC, message of "virtual jam")

I tried everything stated on the support website, as well as contacting the helpdesk by phone.

This all happen when I had to use the warranty servie to change from my original 8500 to a refurbished one 😞

Warranty period is over, now.

Thank you for your help

raymackers

0 Kudos
afpowell8
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 8500 cmos battery

hi there sorry to inform you but the 8500&8600 both have cmos batteries in them I have a 8600 in front of me and there is a cmos battery in it and I had another one just like it and removed the battery from that one

0 Kudos
raymackers
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 8500 cmos battery

Fantastic! Please, could you describe where they are. A link to photos would just be perfect. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
JackMeoff1
2 2 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 8500 cmos battery

WRONGO.   The HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 HAS a CMOS battery!    I removed it myself.  Totally there!  Don't believe anything else.

When facing the printer it is on the Right Side, behind the green board.  Get a Torx #10 and remove panel on right hand side and remove screws on the green board.  It is close to the front on the right hand side.  

Other things I learned over the years of searching to fix HP nonsense:

ALSO PRINTER TEST MENU:

Press "*" + "#" simultaneously, then press 123
PRINT TESTS MENU
then Bypass Pen Alignment

And If the constant Alignment wont stop:

Press "*" + "#" simultaneously, then press 3-2-9 t  

Get to the service menu

Then using the right and left arrown go to RESET menu press OK.

Then Look for SEMI FULL reset and then press OK.

But better to buy a different MAKE of printer.  I'm done with HP.

hp officejet 8500 alignment pass . easy reset and action. darksky@naver.com

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation