cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JimmyC5559a
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp PhotoSmart 475 won't print

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 475
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Printer previously worked 2 months ago.   Confirmed that printer is still operational by printing from a SD card.  I also was able to successfully install it on my wife's Windows 7 64 bit laptop.  Since the laptop is owned by her employer, I cannot use it as a solution--but the successful installtion and photo printing seems to eliminate a hardware issue with the printer itself.

I have run the HP wizard as the "full featured" driver is not available for WIn 8.1 and while the wizard correctly identifies the usb HP Photosmart 475 and states that the drivers are not installed correctly---but when it says "it corrected" the drivers and the printer should print--- it still does not print.   I have also gone through all of the instructions on this page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03497468

The HP photosmart 475 does not have an ! next to it in device mgr and every indication from Windows 8.1 is that it is operatiional.   When you go to print a "test" page, a dialog error message immediately  pops up and says that the page is not printed.   When you go to "see what is printing" the test page is labelled with an error.   Whether I print a "test" page or print from an application---all print jobs are in error--when you go to the dialog box of "what is printing". 

The only change to this PC during the last two months is that Windows updates have been installed;  I have not installed any new software.  I was trying to print vacation photos and its been two months since I last printed photos.   There is a networked HP laserjet in the home office and it still operates as normal from my Win 8.1 PC.  

It seems that I have nothing left to try.  All suggestions are appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Waterboy71
Retired
Retired
7,164 7,248 342 890
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JimmyC5559a,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having some issues when attempting to print from your Windows 8 computer.

I also see that you have attempted to use the steps in one of HP's documents that troubleshoot such issues.

I do have one other document that you can try that may help with the issue at hand.  Please click on the following link for "Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 8)".

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest contacting HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. , : click here.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,   :OpenSmile:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
JimmyC5559a
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I still can't get the HP 475 Photosmart to print.   All "prints" are in the print queue---with an error condition.  The printer is not "offline" , etc.    I took the printer to my sister's house and tried it on her WIn 8.1 professional pc and get the same results.   It is like the PC knows the printer is there, online, but the print jobs are just not routed to it.  I noticed that the port is Dot4 and not a USB virtualized printer port...I assume this is part of the WIndows 8.1 install.   Can anyone confirm if their HP 475 Photosmart printer still works with WIndows 8.1 Professioanl?  Thanks again.,

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation