cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fksff Tutor
Tutor
1 0 0 5
Message 1 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp easy scan not working after Mac Sierra update 10.12

MFP M277dw
Other

I have two of these printers, but after the software upgrade to Mac 10.12 the scanner is scanning, but ther is no preview of whats been scanned or where it has gone. All the usual folders have been checked, but nothing to be found, I have also scanned via image capture and preview - the same issue, no scan to be found. The only workaround I have found so far is to scan is via the google drive app on the printer and set it up on my mac to a HP folder but this is a lot of messing about, seeing as though the HP Easy Scan app worked really well for me. I am hoping that this is a software update to coinside with Mac 10.12

40 REPLIES 40
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 16626 898 2523
Message 2 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums @fksff!

I don't see a full feature software and driver package available for 10.12 on your printers driver and support page. You can continue to wait and check here periodically, or you can sign up for updates here: Get connected with updates from HP.

You could also try uninstalling the current software and reinstalling it, but I'm not even sure it would reinstall as you may get an error indicating that the software is not compatible with 10.12. 

If this satisfies your inquiry, please click the Accept as Solution button below. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know. 

Cheers! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
kRishe Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue.

I can get VueScan to work, but it has that stupid watermark. Clearly a software problem. When is HP going to fix this?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 16626 898 2523
Message 4 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Although I work on behalf of HP @kRishe, I can't speak for HP. I suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

Although the following document doesn't mention Sierra, the following Apple article will guide you through the steps to scan via

• Image Capture
  • Preview
  • Print & Fax preferences in System Preferences
  • Scanner / Printer queue

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

I hope this helps. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Provost Provost
Provost
24522 24280 4379 9325
Message 5 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Install the latest HP Printer Drivers 5.0 from Apple:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

Next move the HP Easy Scan app to the trash and empty the trash, then reinstall the latest HP Easy Scan version below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_...

Hope that may help, if not I would wait a bit for the software to become available as the OS is too fresh..

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
n0ne Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

for me the "HP Scan Request Handler"  is popping up n the mac screen, but it is completely blocking, and the scan at the printer times out. The dialog on the sceen also never disappears, you need to kill the process via the "avtivity monitor" ...

0 Kudos
MikeHalve Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried your suggestions but they didn´t work out. We must probably wait until HP comes with an update.

MikeHalve

0 Kudos
donadams48 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 8 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what is the apple scan?

0 Kudos
mayngram1 Tutor
Tutor
2 2 0 4
Message 9 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After two calls to HP support, they admitted that HP Easy Scan has not been updated.  The techs tried several "fixes" but those didn't work.  Ultimately, they helped me download and install ReadIris software that is a clunky, but functional "work-around".  

I asked that I be notified when the update for HP Easy Scan is completed.  But they said they don't notify customers about these types of changes.  Instead, they told me to keep checking back to see if the fix has been completed..... I know what I think of that type of "Customer Service"....how about you? 

jmartin3rd Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 10 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This worked for me today.  Thanks for the post!!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation