Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
MFP M277dw
Hello ,
My printer Hp mfp m277 dw stuck on initializing and nothing happen please help .!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @Issambzal, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand your printer is stuck at initializing screen.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Have you tried performing a hard reset on your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, You have to perform super NVRAM reset on your printer.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message, please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this works!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Issambzal, Please find the steps recommended below to perform semi full reset on your printer.

SUPER NVRAM Reset
For Printer that has Touch control panel Bundled
Turn On the Product, as soon as the HP logo appears
Press and hold the lower left quadrantof the touchscreen, keep the quadrant depressed.
When the ‘Permanent Storage Init.’ Message appears on the display, release the button.

When the printer has finished the NVRAM initialization, it will ask to choose country and language.

For Printer that has LCD panel Bundled
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Left -arrow + Cancel (X) button, keep the button quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.
When the ‘Permanent Storage Init.’ Message appears on the display, release the button.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Re: Hp mfp m277 dw stuck on initializing.  I have done the hard restart and the pushing the lower left quadrant until message appears and it goes straight back to the initializing screen

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, did everything and more twice..........did you get this resolved yet with HP Support?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.