Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet P3015
Error 41.02.00
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I have since replaced the prTR and disposed of the defective one. Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

41.X ERROR
For help press
alternates with
41.X ERROR
To continue press OK
A temporary printing error occurred. 1. Press the OK button to see if the page
will print. If necessary, turn the product
off and then on.
2. Verify that the correct size paper is
loaded in the input tray.
3. Verify that the loaded paper meets
HP specifications. If the paper sticks
together, the paper defect sensors will
detect a sheet of paper longer than what
is expected in the product.
4. Verify that all paper size settings on the
control panel, in the print driver settings,
and in the software program match

HP Recommended
None of the above apply.
HP Recommended

Please help us to know if this is a permanent hardware error displayed on control panel when device is turned on or intermittent error displayed while printing.

There are different possibilities about this error (media, toner, harware issue etc.) hence I would suggest to test device with a another HP toner cartrdige (genuine HP toner cartridge).

Hope that the paper path is clean and transfer roller ((spongy black roller below the toner cartridge) movement is normal.

Please do observe if error occurs while printing single sided jobs or two sided jobs or both and also share the error frequency.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Are you using HP OEM toner cartridges.  If not it is possible the toner cartride is causing a short and the issue.  This could also be an issue with the laser/scanner assembly.  I realize you are a user with few words, but we do need more informaiton starting with when you turn on the printer to when the error appears on the display.  Without that informaiton we can not help you.

HP Recommended
The error code you have posted it is not documented but there is a 41.2 which is a beam detect misprint error..

Please print the event log if possible and check for 51 errors. If you can't print the log and you have a network printer you can see it in the embedded Web server.

If you can get the log either way please post a picture of it.

If it is a beam detector that is a laser scanner failure.

I would suggest if the printer can be gotten to a ready state to upgrade the firmware, I don't think it will fix the problem but it might help with the error reporting and give us a clearer picture of the problem.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended
I have since replaced the prTR and disposed of the defective one. Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.