Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Photosmart 6510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I used to be able to print in duplex. Recently, I happened to top up the paper into the paper tray while the printer is on, however, when pulling out the paper tray, there is a loud gear clicking sound. Thereafter, my printer just won't print in duplex.

I tried reinstalling my hp printer driver, however, my print still won't print in duplex. It shows that duplex is installed in the windows device driver setting, however it just won't print in duplex mode. I tried using my iphone to sent in a document wirelessly to my printer to print in duplex, but it just print my 2 page document in 2 separate pages instead of using 1 page on both sides.

I can see the duplex option in my computer as well as my iphone print app but it just will not print in duplex.

Could this be a hardware or a firmware corruption problem?

Kindly advise me on what's my next step is? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @Shawnusescompaq,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print using duplex. Don't worry, I am glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you tried to use HP Print and Scan doctor?

Recommend you to refer to this article for assistance in checking the setting for duplex printing. 

If the issue persists, recommend you to uninstall the printer software from your computer following the method mentioned below. 

Uninstall the printer from programs and features from the control panel.

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Update the firmware on the printer using the control panel on the printer. (Will require the printer to be connected to your wireless network.)

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney_83,

Thank You for the reply.  I have been busy these past months hence the delay in response.

"Uninstall the printer from programs and features from the control panel.

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.

Click on print server properties.

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again."

Tried the above instruction with a newly reformatted computer, but is still not working. 😞 

I tried using iOS hp AiO printer app to print my documents in duplex but it still prints single sidedly.

In addition to the duplex problem, the pages printed have the top 1/3 portion of the page missing on every page. Is this an alignment problem?

I use the hp firmware upgrade from this link "https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-6510-e-all-in-one-printer-series-b211..." but it would not let me perform a reflash of the print's firmware as it claim the firmware in my printer is currently the latest version.

Is there a way for me to perform a reflash of the firmware? Or is my printer's hardware faulty?

Thank you

Shawnusescompaq

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.