cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PFZ
Level 1
7 5 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp solution center not working, AIO 7310 printer/scanner is OK. Help for Solution Center problem.

I downloaded the HP Win 7-64 full download for my HP AIO 7310. All is fine except for the Solution Center. Scanner and printer work fine and are connected w/USB. PC sees the AIO 7310 so it's all working except for the Solution Center which would help w/ink level et al. Have tried all the steps w/uninstalling batch files et al. Have tried the various HP options listed on their driver website all to no avail. Still no luck w/Solution Center.

About 2 1/2 years ago, I installed the software/AIO on my wife's PC when we got two new HP PC's. It worked like a charm, including Solution Center. Well, my wife got a new HP printer recently and I "inherited" the old one and I installed the AIO on my PC. Both PC's are identical. Same software, same everything. Both are up to date w/security et al. So, in theory, the Solution Center should have installed on my PC as well but when I click on the link for the Solution Center after opening the printer utility (right click to open), I get a message saying that windows cannot find "C:\program" in the directory. How do I get this to work?

From the posts I have read, it appears this “Solution Center” problem is not only an issue with the AIO 7310 but other printers as well. Maybe a solution would be to create a separate download for Solution Center only for these printers. How about HP coming up with a download? Would do wonders for customer loyalty.

PC’s are running Win 7 /64. Would appreciate any suggestions since the Solution Center was a nice tool to have. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Level 15
Level 15
22,862 22,645 1,945 7,142
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp solution center not working, AIO 7310 printer/scanner is OK. Help for Solution Center problem.

PFZ,

Are you saying that you tried the following installation?

Printer:

HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One Printer

Windows 7 Full Feature Software

Release details

Released: Oct 21, 2009

Version 13.1.0

Windows 8 - Windows 10 Full Feature Software:

Release details

Released: Jul 29, 2015

Version 14.8.0

HP Solution Center (new name: Printer Assistant) is part of the Full Feature Software installation.

There have been cases where the software package does not install correctly -- not all that often, but it does happen.  There is sometimes an error message during installation when this is the case; did you see any errors during the installation to indicate an issue?  That is a Rhetorical question -- see below...

Here is a bit more help -  videos that may be useful to determine if what you are seeing is what might be expected:

How to install an HP Printer in a Wireless Network Using an Access Point in Windows 7

HowTo: HP Full Feature Printer Driver Install in Windows 7 (USB)

OK... let us assume that you did everything correctly and the silly software just did not install correctly.  Below is a link to a possible fix.  The post is a bit long; there is very good information here and a possible solution for you from our HP Expert pcwizard

HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete

I hope this helps!

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
PFZ
Level 1
7 5 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Dragon-Fur

Thanks your response and suggestions. Have tried all kinds of ways to do the install and each and every time, I end up w/the same scenario. Also, every time I have done an install, I use HP's "full" download for Win 7 64 bit and clean out all the old temp files per the suggestion (I even use File shredder to really delete the stuff). Finally, when I do the install, I disable Norton Anti Virus and remove the printer from Windows Device and Printer screen. Then, I do a reboot. Same end result. Printer/Scanner works but no Solution Center for printer or scanner. Here is what happens when I do the install:

Option 1: Do the full install per the HP page that pops up, HP installs Photosmart 3.5 but never asks about the device that is going to use it. Since I have removed the printer from the Windows Devices and Print Screen, in theory, HP's install node should not know that it's going to be used on a AIO 7310 (even though, the program is for such a device). Anyway, the program finishes the install for all the software and we should be done, except there is no device that Photosmart is working with. Also, that is the only program that is being installed.

Option 2: Since the full install did not do a full install and connect to a device, now I extract the same full blown software and I get the same screen poping up as before. Except this time, I select "Add a Device" instead of the full install option. We go thru the steps, plug in the USB and then it makes the connection but the install never completes its cycle but the device now works. So, since there was a fatal error, HP then has me reboot and provides a USB fix it solution for Win 7 installation problems. This in turn then downloads again the full blown software but the end result is always the same.

Solution Center does not work but printer/scanner work. I am copying below the error messages for the install and the detailed log.

Bottom line is the printer/scanner is working but no Solution Center. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.  

-----------------

Untitled2.jpg

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi PFZ,

From our Expert pcwizard , the following solution:

Fatal Error 1603:

HP Printers - Fatal Error 'Error 1603'

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
  2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
  3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers for HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One Printer

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Try the above fix and post back your results.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
PFZ
Level 1
7 5 1 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Excellent. It worked. Very happy. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PFZ,

I am glad it worked!

We have Excellent help here from our Printer Gurus!

Thanks, pcwizard !

Make a copy of the fix in case you need it again later.  Smiling.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
PFZ
Level 1
7 5 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Make a copy of the fix in case you need it again later.

Done.

Also, realize now that you had sent me an earlier link which actually included instructions on how to fix my issue but when I read thru the link, it seemed these were the same suggestions about delete and all that stuff (from another fix it site but they were not as explicit as pcwizard's instructions). So, I did not read it more carefully or else, I would have known then how to fix it. Live and learn.

Bottom line, thanks to you and pcwizard, the probblem has been resolved. So, thanks again.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation